About Moi

About Moi
My Name is Brittany, and I'm 23yrs old. I was diagnosed with Lupus when I was 15, and then diagnosed with RA, when I was 18. I also got married when I was 18, and I'm enjoying my happily ever after with my hubby! When I got married, I was slim and trim...But not for long. After getting married, I started to gain a LOT of weight! In 1yr, I gained 50lbs! Finally, I went to the Doctor, where I discovered I have low thyroid. After being put on medicine, my weight gain slowed down, although over the next 3yrs, I gained an additional 26lbs. When I was 20yrs old, I got yet another diagnoses of Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. That's 4 diagnoses in a 5yr period, if you lost count. They all effect my weight, in one way or another. Add on top of that, my love affair with food, and every 1 of those 76lbs gained was accounted for. Being 76lbs over weight is unhealthy for anyone, but it was especially unhealthy for me, and my health issues. Since starting this blog, in Jan-2010, I have lost 40lbs! I'm a new, slimmer, and healthier me! Before losing weight, I was told I needed knee replacements. Losing weight was the ONLY tool I had to help me hold off on that life changing surgery. Since losing 40lbs, my knees have never felt better! My husband and I are also trying to start a family, but my PCOS was not going to make it as easy as 1,2,3, as I didn't have periods on my own. My doctor had told me if I wanted a baby, I HAD to lose weight. Since losing 40lbs, I've had regular cycles for the first time in my life! Which is very important when trying to have a baby ;) This journey of mine is more than me simply wanting to wear skinny jeans. It has been a quest to becoming :Deliciously Healthy, so ALL of my dreams can come true! I'm almost half way there! With each new day, I get closer and closer to my goal of 120lbs, and becoming :Deliciously Healthy!

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Whole Bunch of Randomness ;)


HI EVERYONE!!


Oh how I've missed you guys!
I survived week 1. Hopefully next week will be the last week of this, "duty" I've been assigned, and I can have my life back!

Because I haven't had the time to blog, I'm going to squeeze all the posts I haven't had the time to do, into one big blog post! So, it's going to be a little all over the place! I hope I don't make you dizzy! ;)

Let the complete randomness begin! :

1st of all, I got 2 blog awards this week!

The first, is the "Creative Writer" award, from the wonderful Molly Marie Gets Healthy blog!Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who gave this to you
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog
3. Link to the person who nominated you
4. Tell up to six outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth
5. Nominate seven “Creative Writers” who might have fun coming up with outrageous lies
6. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.

To comply with the 4th rule, here are 6 outrageous lies about myself, and 1 truth! Can you guess which one's the truth? :

1. I'm really a man
2. I love sea food
3. I like to walk on the wild side
4. My favorite color is puke green
5. I was a child beauty queen
6. I'm a chocoholic
7. I'm an excellent artist

Now, I pass along the award to the following 7 creative bloggers:

Dawne
CBG Blog
Swimming it off
Project 365
Jewlia Goulia
Fat Girl Dives In
Doin' It For Me

THANK YOU MOLLY MARIE!!


The 2nd award is the "Sunshine award", given to me by the totally awesome CBG Blog!Here are the blogs I pass along the award to, and who bring sunshine to my day! :
(There's no limit, so I'm gonna go a little crazy!)

Dawne
Loser Girl
Bella
Project 365
Anonymous Fat Girl
Endurance Isn't Only Physical
Molly Marie Gets Healthy
Chubby Girl Diary
Watch My Butt Shrink
Two Pounds a Week
Corletta
Deborah

THANK YOU JESSICA!

Alrighty then. Now on to the next subject, which would be the results from my weigh in! ...Which was almost a week ago! Last Tuesday, I weighed 189!! Whoo hoo! It's been over 3 years since I've been in the 180's! It was a nice little milestone for me! I also did a sneak peek weigh in, a day or two ago, and I weighed 188! That means I'm only 2 pounds away from losing my first 20 pounds! (In October/November, I weighed 206. Whoa!) I'm very excited to reach that milestone! ...and for the little award I get for reaching it! ;)

A few days ago, I found out that a website called, budget life, did a blog post listing the top 25 weight loss blogs (In their opinion), and what do you know, I was listed! I was pretty flattered! This is what they said about Moi! :
"Twentysomething Brittany has more reasons than simple vanity to lose weight (although looking great in skinny jeans is a goal, too!). She’s got quite the number of health problems, and for all her dreams to come true, she’s got to lose some weight. However, she doesn’t want to give up her love for food while she’s at it. Now she shares her trials, tribulations, and triumphs in her pursuit to better health and a happier life. With her tips and recipes, you can be :deliciously healthy, too!"
I LOVE it! ;)

Next up, is my new favorite quick and yummy, Deliciously Healthy dish!
Do you like sloppy Joe's? Well, my husband and I live for them! Before going on my little diet, we ate sloppy Joe's ALL the time! A couple weeks ago, I was craving them like a mad women! Finally, I got the idea to simply make a few tweaks, to make them Deliciously Healthy! And boy did I ever!

I cooked up some lean ground turkey, added some seasonings, including cinnamon (Trust me. It's AWESOME!), and stirred in some Manwich sauce! Then, I just put a couple nice big spoon fulls on a whole wheat bun, and sprinkled on some low-fat mozzarella cheese! I dug into that messy goodness like nobodies business! It was totally yummy, totally filling, and totally simple and quick to make! Plus, It totally satisfied my craving! We've had them several times since then!I've also used hotdog buns:
Now for a couple little random side notes! :

~Yesterday, I went pant shopping, and bought a size 16! I used to be a size 18! I'm 1 pant size smaller! Whoo hoo!

~My husband made some cinnamon rolls today, and I'm totally not having a problem passing them up (knock on wood;). That's pretty darn amazing to me, since I LOVE cinnamon rolls!

~I've been having lots of fun going through my closet, and seeing what I can fit back into! It's so rewarding!

~I think I should have a little more time this week to do some blogging! I have a few posts in mind, including some yummy recipes I want to try! I'll keep my fingers crossed that I'll have the time!

~I totally miss reading all of your blogs, and I'm going to do my best to catch up on all my BF! I hope everyone has been doing well!

XOXO

16 comments:

divad said...

You sweetheart...I HEART you! That is a new saying for me...I give you credit. So, the truth in that list is that you were a child beauty queen! Cause you're still a beauty queen, I know it's true.

Great victories this week Brittany!!!! That excitement will spur you on to goal.

:Deliciously Healthy said...

AWE! I heart you too!

Nope! That's not the truth! Thank you though! ;)

Jessica - cbgblog said...

Thank you SOOO much for the award. You are awesome.

CONGRATS on the weight loss and getting close to your 20 pound mark. My weigh in day is tomorrow and from weigh-in 2 weeks ago I had 3 pounds... I'm hoping I made it this week. Tomorrow morning will tell :)

Way to go down a dress size. I'm so impressed by you. Keep it up!!!

Jessica - cbgblog said...

Oh, and I'm going to say --- truth is that you are a chocoholic.

:Deliciously Healthy said...

You got it!! ;)

Unknown said...

Holy overload of good stuff, lol! Congrats on the loss!!! And on the awards too - and thank you for the Sunshine award, I'm honored!!!

Jessica - cbgblog said...

Woohooo for me getting it right :)

Tammy said...

Oh man...I was going to guess beauty queen too....I guess that lets you know how gorgeous you are!! lol

It's good to hear from you again, and I'm so proud of you for getting into the 16's!! I know that feels fantastic. Just this past week I fit into an XL shirt, instead of a 2X. It's been like 15 years that I've had to wear shirts with a # in front of the X...now I'm just a plan ol' XL...hooray for progress! :)

Bella said...

Thank you so much for the award. I've been meaning to post something on my blog about the last one you gave me. You're too sweet. I appreciate your thoughtful comments on my blog, too.

That meal looks good! You've given me a lot of good cooking ideas. Keep 'em coming!

Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com said...

Brittany, you have so much to be proud of!!! Congratulations- that is so exciting to achieve healthy weight loss and recognition for your amazing blog!
Those sloppy joes look so delicious! I love meals like that!

Jessica - cbgblog said...

*haha* you are the hottie but thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Brittany,

I had to redo my blog...

Sorry to disappear for awhile...

Lisa :)

Meg said...

Wonderful news all around! I'm so happy for you about the awards, weight loss, best of blogs...amazing achievements, girl!And thank you for the sunshine award! You keep me smiling. :)

Love me some sloppy joes too! :)

Christi said...

yay! way to go getting to the 180s and a smaller pants size, that's awesome!! thanks for passing on the award too!

x said...

Thank you! I will get to this soon!

Tiff said...

Awww Thanks so much for the awards! How cool is it that you were sponsored on that blog! Whoohoo! So many things to celebrate in this post!

Here's to a great week :)