About Moi

About Moi
My Name is Brittany, and I'm 23yrs old. I was diagnosed with Lupus when I was 15, and then diagnosed with RA, when I was 18. I also got married when I was 18, and I'm enjoying my happily ever after with my hubby! When I got married, I was slim and trim...But not for long. After getting married, I started to gain a LOT of weight! In 1yr, I gained 50lbs! Finally, I went to the Doctor, where I discovered I have low thyroid. After being put on medicine, my weight gain slowed down, although over the next 3yrs, I gained an additional 26lbs. When I was 20yrs old, I got yet another diagnoses of Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. That's 4 diagnoses in a 5yr period, if you lost count. They all effect my weight, in one way or another. Add on top of that, my love affair with food, and every 1 of those 76lbs gained was accounted for. Being 76lbs over weight is unhealthy for anyone, but it was especially unhealthy for me, and my health issues. Since starting this blog, in Jan-2010, I have lost 40lbs! I'm a new, slimmer, and healthier me! Before losing weight, I was told I needed knee replacements. Losing weight was the ONLY tool I had to help me hold off on that life changing surgery. Since losing 40lbs, my knees have never felt better! My husband and I are also trying to start a family, but my PCOS was not going to make it as easy as 1,2,3, as I didn't have periods on my own. My doctor had told me if I wanted a baby, I HAD to lose weight. Since losing 40lbs, I've had regular cycles for the first time in my life! Which is very important when trying to have a baby ;) This journey of mine is more than me simply wanting to wear skinny jeans. It has been a quest to becoming :Deliciously Healthy, so ALL of my dreams can come true! I'm almost half way there! With each new day, I get closer and closer to my goal of 120lbs, and becoming :Deliciously Healthy!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

It's Ice Cream Season...

Every time I hear the jingle of the ice cream truck coming down my street, I'm reminded of it.
I swear Mr. Ice Cream Man drives extra slow when driving by my house.
He's saying to himself, "Hmm, wasn't there some chunky girl who would always run out of this house, waving money in the air, as she chased me down the street?"
Yes Mr. Ice cream man, that was me. But "WAS" is the key word there.
The new (and slimmer) me, comes up with Deliciously Healthy ways to enjoy the summer. Like fruit parfaits, in ice cream cones:
Here's what you'll need:
  • All natural, low fat vanilla yogurt
  • Blueberries
  • Strawberries
  • Waffle ice cream cones
This is what you do:
  • Wash, and slice strawberries
  • Wash blueberries
  • In waffle cone, add a spoon full of vanilla yogurt, then fruit, another spoonful of yogurt, and top it off with fruit. I wouldn't recommend doing more then 2 layers. It gets kinda messy if you do... trust me ;)
  • Put cones in the freezer, just until they're chilled..right before they start to freeze (about an hour) **or you could just eat em' up, and skip the freezer :)
Here's What I'm Thinking:
  • Calories: About 110 for one cone
Or you can add almonds to the mix:
(Calories: 190)

Or some dark chocolate chips!(Calories: 190)

Or you could buy those little tiny waffle cones, fill them with yogurt and fruit, and serve them as little appetizers at a party!
You with me?! :D

Take that Mr. Ice Cream Man!
I no longer need you, or your fudgesicles!
These are way better!

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an adorable idea....love it!!

Jess said...

Oh my word!!! I love that idea! You are SO creative!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Alexia said...

what an idea! love this!

Melissa said...

Those look AMAZING:)

divad said...

Fantastic idea!

Paul and Whitney Rohrbaugh said...

They look amazingly delish!

135by2012 said...

Holy crap - This look amazing! I will have to make this weekend.

Jessica said...

Girl! I have decided to come live with you! Let your hubby know to expect a houseguest :) First it was the popcorn, and now this! YUMMY!

Meg said...

Those look fantastic! What a great idea!

Hannah said...

Love this! So simple and looks wonderful. Can't wait to try

Melissa said...

You can totally do the cute fonts. Just go to kevinandamanda.com & click on free fonts. Then you find one of those "fonts for peas" fonts. After you find it, follow the directions here:

http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html

very explicit instructions but if you follow it exactly, it works!

Mark said...

This is a great idea. I'm already thinking of different flavours and fruits to use. Good idea to use the sturdier waffle cones as opposed to a flimsy wafer cone.

jenn@slim-shoppin said...

That's such a great idea!! I'm totally going to make those this summer!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Those cone parfaits are ridiculously AWESOME!!!! They are SO cute!!!! I love that idea!

135by2012 said...

I totally made these last Saturday for movie night and they were a huge hit! I could only find waffle bowls, and filled them up with lots of berry goodness and of course my beloved pudding. Thanks for sharing :)

:Deliciously Healthy said...

Glad They were a hit! :D

Horn Family said...

I have to say that I Love your ideas!!! I Love that you are so willing to share your story! : ) I recently in the last couple of years have been having health problems which has caused me to gain a lot of weight. I am at that point where I am making the life change of eating healthy. : ) Your blog has given me great ideas to some favorites that I used to eat. : ) I 100% agree with you on going on "diets" They only last until you are off of them. You are an Amazing Person! : ) Thanks for sharing. : )

Anonymous said...

Hi Brittany, love your blog and your spirit, its crazy but we have so much in common..i have low thyroid as well and have been working hard to lose weight (did quite wel at that!) but yes i try to find low cal food options all the time..I'm planning to have a baby soon as well and the health issues (i am susceptible to autoimmune but tested negative for lupus) do worry me a bit..but all the best Brittany, i wish you tons of good luck!!

Katie @ OhShineOni said...

I love this idea... love love LOVE it! I'm definitely going to the store tomorrow and buying a big box of waffle cones and making these ASAP!

Mama Jessica said...

Thank you for sharing this! It has been such a nice treat in the evenings for my husband and I. I am even thinking about making them for my son's 2nd birthday party in July!

Mary said...

I can't wait to try this, awesome idea.

Tabi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cristina Aleman said...

Healthy fruity recipes that's good for the kids. I love it. Thanks for sharing these recipe.

Anonymous said...

golden goose
birkin bag
off white nike
yeezy
kd 14
supreme
hermes outlet
bape clothing
yeezy boost 350
off-white