About Moi

About Moi
My Name is Brittany, and I'm 23yrs old. I was diagnosed with Lupus when I was 15, and then diagnosed with RA, when I was 18. I also got married when I was 18, and I'm enjoying my happily ever after with my hubby! When I got married, I was slim and trim...But not for long. After getting married, I started to gain a LOT of weight! In 1yr, I gained 50lbs! Finally, I went to the Doctor, where I discovered I have low thyroid. After being put on medicine, my weight gain slowed down, although over the next 3yrs, I gained an additional 26lbs. When I was 20yrs old, I got yet another diagnoses of Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. That's 4 diagnoses in a 5yr period, if you lost count. They all effect my weight, in one way or another. Add on top of that, my love affair with food, and every 1 of those 76lbs gained was accounted for. Being 76lbs over weight is unhealthy for anyone, but it was especially unhealthy for me, and my health issues. Since starting this blog, in Jan-2010, I have lost 40lbs! I'm a new, slimmer, and healthier me! Before losing weight, I was told I needed knee replacements. Losing weight was the ONLY tool I had to help me hold off on that life changing surgery. Since losing 40lbs, my knees have never felt better! My husband and I are also trying to start a family, but my PCOS was not going to make it as easy as 1,2,3, as I didn't have periods on my own. My doctor had told me if I wanted a baby, I HAD to lose weight. Since losing 40lbs, I've had regular cycles for the first time in my life! Which is very important when trying to have a baby ;) This journey of mine is more than me simply wanting to wear skinny jeans. It has been a quest to becoming :Deliciously Healthy, so ALL of my dreams can come true! I'm almost half way there! With each new day, I get closer and closer to my goal of 120lbs, and becoming :Deliciously Healthy!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

A sweet gesture, that went straight to my hips.

A marriage is:
Holding hands and flirting on Friday night dates.
Getting hit with an elbow at 3 am.
Texts with "I love you"s and, "Can you pick up eggs?"
Arguing over what movie to watch.
Playing Rock. Paper. Scissors. to decide who cleans up after dinner.
Saying cheesy things like, "I struck the lottery, the day I married you"
And buying roses for your wife, after an argument.

The roses were sweet. They brought a smile to my face, as I thought to myself, "How could I ever stay mad at this guy?" But then he pulled out the box of chocolates. One half of my brain screamed, "YAY! Chocolate!" and the other half screamed, "NOOO!"

So, I made a compromise. I didn't want to hurt my husband's feelings, after all ;) I took only one bite, out of all my favorite chocolates (which were all minus 3;). One bite of each is all you really need anyway.
I figure I cut the calories in half.
Then I told my husband thank you, and to hide the rest.

What do you do when you receive a high calorie gift?

What's your favorite chocolate truffle?
Mine is chocolate buttercream. Mmm :)


I'd love to hear your, "A marriage is" quote!

9 comments:

Diandra said...

You've got an award waiting for you over at http://slimandhealthybymagic.blogspot.com...

Anonymous said...

I think that's an excellent choice. It's not the few "bites" that cause us to gain weight....it's eating the box in one or two sittings.

Kelly said...

Honey I don't want to give you my jaded version of marriage, but it makes me happy to read about couples that are together and trying to make things work. I am a Russell Stover carmel nut! Mmmm...better not think about candy. Enjoy your beautiful roses.

Bella said...

I like the Bordeaux chocolates from See's Candy.

Since I've never been married, I don't have anything for you on that one. I'm glad you guys love each other so much and have such a healthy relationship that you are able to quickly work out issues that come up.

135by2012 said...

I think you have more self control than I do. I like that you could handle just a bite from each one and spared his feelings. :)

I will have to work on my marriage is quote. I just have way too many nice things to say about my hubby ;)

erica said...

Those flowers are beautiful. I hate when the boy brings me candy or ice cream. However it is so sweet.

xo

Sean, Jen, Carson and Addie said...

I wonder if Joe hid the chocolates or ate what you'd left? How did you stop at just one bite!? You have amazing self control!!!

I miss you...we should get together again soon! :0)

Ak said...

awwww that's so sweet! Beautiful post. :) You summed up marriage perfectly.

When hubby gives me chocolate, I figure out the points and eat them in moderation. They last a long time!

Melissa said...

My husband said this a week or so ago & i wrote it down. My favorite quote ever. :)

"If i had to sum up our marriage in one word? FUN." :)

I love what you wrote about marriage! And i love that you only ate a bite of each except your least faves! Great idea! :)