About Moi

About Moi
My Name is Brittany, and I'm 23yrs old. I was diagnosed with Lupus when I was 15, and then diagnosed with RA, when I was 18. I also got married when I was 18, and I'm enjoying my happily ever after with my hubby! When I got married, I was slim and trim...But not for long. After getting married, I started to gain a LOT of weight! In 1yr, I gained 50lbs! Finally, I went to the Doctor, where I discovered I have low thyroid. After being put on medicine, my weight gain slowed down, although over the next 3yrs, I gained an additional 26lbs. When I was 20yrs old, I got yet another diagnoses of Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. That's 4 diagnoses in a 5yr period, if you lost count. They all effect my weight, in one way or another. Add on top of that, my love affair with food, and every 1 of those 76lbs gained was accounted for. Being 76lbs over weight is unhealthy for anyone, but it was especially unhealthy for me, and my health issues. Since starting this blog, in Jan-2010, I have lost 40lbs! I'm a new, slimmer, and healthier me! Before losing weight, I was told I needed knee replacements. Losing weight was the ONLY tool I had to help me hold off on that life changing surgery. Since losing 40lbs, my knees have never felt better! My husband and I are also trying to start a family, but my PCOS was not going to make it as easy as 1,2,3, as I didn't have periods on my own. My doctor had told me if I wanted a baby, I HAD to lose weight. Since losing 40lbs, I've had regular cycles for the first time in my life! Which is very important when trying to have a baby ;) This journey of mine is more than me simply wanting to wear skinny jeans. It has been a quest to becoming :Deliciously Healthy, so ALL of my dreams can come true! I'm almost half way there! With each new day, I get closer and closer to my goal of 120lbs, and becoming :Deliciously Healthy!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Do I want this, or that?

I've been struggling a little to get back on track, after my diet vacation.
Why is this so hard sometimes?

I mean, it's not rocket science.

Do I want a body like this:
Or do I want a hamburger?

Do I want to finally feel comfortable in a bathing suit:
Or would I rather have a pizza instead?

Do I want to have a jaw line like Jen Anniston's:
Or does a brownie sound better?

Do I want to go on a date with my husband to the cheesecake factory,
Or actually look sexy for him?:
Do I want to be able to wear skinny jeans:
Or have Chinese takeout?

Do I want Oreo's more then I want a butt like this?:Heck no!

It's not all that hard, when I look at it that way.

I want to be a sexy, fashionable girl, that has a jaw line, and a firm bootay, on the beach.
And I want it WAY more then I want all that unhealthy goodness.

Nobody said it was easy, but man
it's going to be worth it!


What would you take over a cheeseburger?

10 comments:

Diandra said...

That depends... some days I'd trade a right arm (not necessarily my own) for a beef & cheese sandwich. But I have found that, although I may be slower than all tese super-disciplined people everywhere, if I give in to temptation every now and again, I do not feel the need to binge, nor do I have to struggle that much. And so far I have lost 15kg (a bit more than 30lbs) over the course of one year. ^^

Bella said...

I love the comparisons you gave and the great reminder to yourself (and me!) about what we really want. It boils down to not going for the instant gratification (that great-tasting food), but long term goals and success.

Red Deception said...

When I feel tempted to jump off the bandwagon, I remind myself that feeling healthy is more important than a piece of chocolate/pizza/pasta. It keeps me going through times when all I want is a "treat".

Melinda R. said...

Well...when you put it THAT way :-) I'm pregnant right now for the first time...honestly, I haven't had cravings but I do get the occassional "something" not so good for me to get me through the day and I have never been that type of person. I blame it on nausea...sometimes, I don't want healthy, sometimes, I don't want unhealthy and almost all the time, I want NOTHING! And it makes me feel even more nauseous!

But what I have noticed is I don't feel great after a day of eating horrible! So...my choice...the sexy body! ;-)

Summer said...

Awwww.... Brittany, don't be so hard on yourself. Look at you girl! You lost 40 lbs already!!! You can do it!!!

Jenn @ watchmybuttshrinking.com said...

Hang in there, Brittany. Those cravings can be mighty powerful. Stick to it, take it one day at a time, and it will get easier. And don't beat yourself up if you slip - we ALL do. Just start over with the next bite!

Josie @Skinny Way Of Life said...

I've been struggling a lot with snacking at night, I've always been a night time snacker and I wish I could say I eat fruit but when the kids go to bed all I want is chips or candy
: ( it's such a vicious cycle. I make healthy decisions throughout the day so I can treat myself at night....also I'm registering for a 5k for next month! I'm hoping this will stop the snacking!! btw I'm not a runner, i'm trying my hardest though!! I'm getting to the point where i'm tired of saying "I'll do it one day when I'm fitter..." I'm doing it now!! keep it up girl and don't feel guilty for treating yourself, just keep moving : )

erica said...

I really liked this post. Sometimes I would rather feel comfortable in a bathing suit and other times I just want a burger and fries lol.

xo

Kat said...

I love all of these comparisons! So true :)

Anonymous said...

Loving the butt picture. Does that sound odd? Thanks for providing me with inspiration.

I woke up this morning thinking I needed to hone down on my diet. Like you, I've been doing so-so. A couple of good days, a bad snack. The cycle needs to stop if I ever want to get the abs I want.

I planned to start getting back on track today, so you can think of yourself as not being alone on this. :)