About Moi

About Moi
My Name is Brittany, and I'm 23yrs old. I was diagnosed with Lupus when I was 15, and then diagnosed with RA, when I was 18. I also got married when I was 18, and I'm enjoying my happily ever after with my hubby! When I got married, I was slim and trim...But not for long. After getting married, I started to gain a LOT of weight! In 1yr, I gained 50lbs! Finally, I went to the Doctor, where I discovered I have low thyroid. After being put on medicine, my weight gain slowed down, although over the next 3yrs, I gained an additional 26lbs. When I was 20yrs old, I got yet another diagnoses of Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. That's 4 diagnoses in a 5yr period, if you lost count. They all effect my weight, in one way or another. Add on top of that, my love affair with food, and every 1 of those 76lbs gained was accounted for. Being 76lbs over weight is unhealthy for anyone, but it was especially unhealthy for me, and my health issues. Since starting this blog, in Jan-2010, I have lost 40lbs! I'm a new, slimmer, and healthier me! Before losing weight, I was told I needed knee replacements. Losing weight was the ONLY tool I had to help me hold off on that life changing surgery. Since losing 40lbs, my knees have never felt better! My husband and I are also trying to start a family, but my PCOS was not going to make it as easy as 1,2,3, as I didn't have periods on my own. My doctor had told me if I wanted a baby, I HAD to lose weight. Since losing 40lbs, I've had regular cycles for the first time in my life! Which is very important when trying to have a baby ;) This journey of mine is more than me simply wanting to wear skinny jeans. It has been a quest to becoming :Deliciously Healthy, so ALL of my dreams can come true! I'm almost half way there! With each new day, I get closer and closer to my goal of 120lbs, and becoming :Deliciously Healthy!

Friday, November 9, 2012

My Favorite Things! And my weigh-In

MONTHLY FAVORITES SERIES~ Where I share with you all of the products I've been loving over the past month. Some will be new finds, products that I've rediscovered, or products that I've just randomly gravitated towards that month :D

OCTOBER FAVORITES! :

 Favorite Healthy Foods:

I'd say 5 out of 7 mornings from mid October on, I have had shredded wheat with agave or honey drizzled on top. I've always loved shredded wheat, but this past month I just couldn't get enough of it. Some mornings, it's the only thing that got me out of bed ;)

I've been loving these sandwich thins! I'll usually have half of a sandwich thin to make toast in the morning, or as a low calorie snack. I'll either put Jam, PB and honey, or LF cream cheese on it. And I of course like using them for sandwiches. 1 roll is 100 calories. Way better then 180 calories for two slices of bread. Who just shaved 80 calories of their sandwich? I did.

I may have gone through one too many boxes of these granola bars this month. But they're just so good! For 140 calories they hold me over until lunch or dinner, and satisfy my sweet tooth. I like to keep one in my purse, in case I get hungry while I'm out and about. It's saved me from pulling into a drive through on several occasions. Who needs a quick burger when they have a yummy healthy treat in their purse?

I've never been a fan of canned soup, but in the beginning of October I saw these soups in the store, and I thought I'd give them a try. Since that day, they've been 50% of my lunches. Every time I run to the store, I always stock back up. My favorites are the Healthy Choice tortellini tomato soup, and Campbells mexican style chicken tortilla. Plus, both are all natural!

Favorite Makeup:

MAC Handwritten
I bought this eyeshadow back in February, but for some reason never used it until this past month. It's a rich brown color, with a hint of plum... or burgundy? Whatever it is, it's gorgeous. I started using it as an eyeliner, and then I branched out and used it to create a smokey eye. I love how rich the color is, but still be subtle enough to wear with confidence. I think it's the perfect fall/winter eye shadow. I love the way it brings out the brown in my eyes, but I also think it would make blue eyes pop. LOVE.

Urban Decay- Sin
I've been wearing Urban Decay's Sin eyeshadow every single day during the month of October (and still;). It's a beautiful light pearly pink color. Most days I'll use it with the Mac Handwritten shadow. I just put the Sin shadow on the inner half of my eyelids, and handwritten on the outer half, smoking it out. (If you want a tutorial on this look, you can email, FB, or leave a comment to let me know:). On my more lazy days, I just pop this Sin shadow all over my lid, with a quick coating of mascara, and whola! No longer a hot mess ;) 

MAC Creamcup
I've been hearing all about the creamcup lipstick, so I finally decided to give it a try. It's just the perfect, light pink color, that goes with everything. I bought it in the beginning of October, and have worn it almost everyday since.

Favorite hair and skin care:

I'm just going to admit that I'm way too lazy to take off my makeup at night. So most nights I would just get in my jammies, brush my teeth, take my meds, and hit the sack, with a makeup filled face. I had tried makeup removing wipes a couple years ago, but they irritted my skin, and dried it out. I saw these wipes at target, and something about them just made me want to try the whole face wipes thing again. I'm glad I did, because I love these! They're gentle on my skin, but are still able to remove all of my makeup, the quick and easy way. Even my mascara! I use them every single night, and have definitely seen an improvement in my skin. I can't believe I used to go to bed with all that make up on!

Aquage root lifting foam
Pretty much ma' whole life I've been searching for the perfect root lifter. Root lifter is one of the top 3 products I can't live without. If I ever run out, without having a backup supply, I seriously get in a depressed funk until I pick some up again. Which is why I usually always have a back up supply. A life without volumized hair, is just not a life I want to live. The last time I went to get my hair cut, the lady used this on my hair, and I was blown away by the volume it gave my hair. Better yet, the volume lasted all. day. long. FINALLY I had found the root lifter of all root lifters! It foams up like a mouse, and gives your roots a very slight bit of texture, without it feeling yucky.

What have been some of your favorite products?

***

Weigh-in Day:

Last weeks weight- 200
This weeks weight-199.5
-.5 lbs

I had a rough week starting out. The Halloween candy finally got to me. By mid week I started to shape things up again, but it's only been over the past couple days that I've been doing my best. My goal for next week is 197.

7 comments:

Healthy Eve said...

Great list of faves! I love Urban Decay's makeup - it just sits so well! Awesome job on your weight loss! You are in the 100's!! Woo hoooo! Congrats! Keep going, girl, you're doing great! =)

Melissa said...

Good to know about the Cascadian Farms stuff.... I see that brand in the store, but am always afraid to buy them! Ha! You never know with healthier food! ;) So thanks!

:Deliciously Healthy said...

Thank you!

erica said...

Great list of favorites! Some of these I will have to check out! Congrats on the loss! A little something is better than nothing! xx

safire said...

I love your favorite things especially the beauty portion. Don't get me started on Sandwich Thins! It's the first thing I stock up when it's on sale :) Great go-to breakfast sandwich ingredient!

Unknown said...

I love your favorites now I have to try the makeup and maybe shreadded wheat with honey!!! Thanks for the post girl!!!!

Hungry For Living said...

what a great idea to do each month I'm about to do a favorite post too and congratulations on the weight loss