About Moi

About Moi
My Name is Brittany, and I'm 23yrs old. I was diagnosed with Lupus when I was 15, and then diagnosed with RA, when I was 18. I also got married when I was 18, and I'm enjoying my happily ever after with my hubby! When I got married, I was slim and trim...But not for long. After getting married, I started to gain a LOT of weight! In 1yr, I gained 50lbs! Finally, I went to the Doctor, where I discovered I have low thyroid. After being put on medicine, my weight gain slowed down, although over the next 3yrs, I gained an additional 26lbs. When I was 20yrs old, I got yet another diagnoses of Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. That's 4 diagnoses in a 5yr period, if you lost count. They all effect my weight, in one way or another. Add on top of that, my love affair with food, and every 1 of those 76lbs gained was accounted for. Being 76lbs over weight is unhealthy for anyone, but it was especially unhealthy for me, and my health issues. Since starting this blog, in Jan-2010, I have lost 40lbs! I'm a new, slimmer, and healthier me! Before losing weight, I was told I needed knee replacements. Losing weight was the ONLY tool I had to help me hold off on that life changing surgery. Since losing 40lbs, my knees have never felt better! My husband and I are also trying to start a family, but my PCOS was not going to make it as easy as 1,2,3, as I didn't have periods on my own. My doctor had told me if I wanted a baby, I HAD to lose weight. Since losing 40lbs, I've had regular cycles for the first time in my life! Which is very important when trying to have a baby ;) This journey of mine is more than me simply wanting to wear skinny jeans. It has been a quest to becoming :Deliciously Healthy, so ALL of my dreams can come true! I'm almost half way there! With each new day, I get closer and closer to my goal of 120lbs, and becoming :Deliciously Healthy!

Saturday, December 18, 2010

12 Days of Christmas Cookies- Day 12: Candy Cane Kisses Sugar Cookies

This holiday season, we can give ourselves the gift of being healthy, and reaching our weight loss goals, while still enjoying our holiday baking! We can have our Christmas cookies, AND look good for Santa ;) For the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies, I will make healthy cookies, during each of the 12 days of Christmas!On the 12th day of Christmas cookies, your true love made for you, Candy Cane Kisses Sugar Cookies.
Have you tried these candy cane kisses? They're so good. Especially on top of a sugar cookie :)

These cookies remind me of good old St. Nick. I think they would be perfect to make with children on Christmas eve, to leave out for Santa Clause!114 Calories. I used this sugar cookie recipe. After the cookies were done baking, I let them cool for a couple minutes, and then stuck a candy cane kiss on top. Very simple, and very adorable.

On the 12th day of Christmas cookies, your true love made for you, Candy Cane Sugar Cookies, White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies Chewy Coconut Macaroons One Nutty Date Double Peanut Butter Chocolate Chewies Almond Cherry Bites Pecan Pie Bars Raspberry-Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies Gingerbread Cookies Cocoa-Nutmeg Snickerdoodles Almond Meringue Kisses and Swirled Mint Cookies.
My favorite cookies, of the 12, were the gingerbread cookies, Pecan pie bars, and the double peanut butter chocolate cookies.
Did you have a favorite?

I've had so much fun, doing the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies. I learned that baking makes me happy. If ever I was having a stressful day, baking would just melt it away. As soon as I got in the kitchen, I'd have a big smile on my face, while I sang along to Christmas music.

Thank you to everyone who read along with me, who commented, and who tried a recipe or two. I hope you had as much as I did!

XOXO

12 comments:

divad said...

You have baked up a storm!!!!! I'm glad it's brought you happiness...Christmas is supposed to do just that.

NAN said...

I loved your recipes and photos. I made some gingerbread men and cut out sugar cookies yesterday and have to decorate them this afternoon after church- funny but I don't like decorating. I am delivering them tomorrow.

Betty said...

I have enjoyed your 12 days of cookie christmas and have baked a few myself. Thank you for sharing the recipes. I hope You and Your Family a Very Merry Holidays.

Willow

Paul and Whitney Rohrbaugh said...

I've loved reading your posts! I love to bake, but don't bake all that much because I hate having this stuff around the house, but with these recipes, it wouldn't be as bad! Thanks for sharing! :-)

SOUL + FOOD said...

I loved reading these posts...I'm still trying to decide which ones I will be baking for Christmas

Kat said...

I'm kind of adoring the big montage that you put together! Adorable.

I'm still a thumbprint-cookie girl through and through. I had one today and it was just heaven.

erica said...

You've been a busy little baker, but have come up with some great cookies. I made these Candy Cane Kiss Sugar Cookies and I think it took me longer to actually find the Candy Cane Kisses then it did to make the cookies. So annoying!

xo

Anonymous Fat Girl said...

OMG! I love the pics. I must say I made the gingerbread cookies this week. Tasty!

Indian Sarees said...

Realy informative article..i love your blog..

Corletta said...

Alright friend...I'm back and ready to start this dang journey over! Just wanted to let you know I've missed ya!! By the way...I felt a little like you this past week. I have been cooking/baking my little heart away :)

Alexia said...

Such as awesome challenge--I loved following along, Brittany!

Unknown said...

Hello from Australia! These all look so delicious. The candy cane kisses especially! YUM