About Moi

About Moi
My Name is Brittany, and I'm 23yrs old. I was diagnosed with Lupus when I was 15, and then diagnosed with RA, when I was 18. I also got married when I was 18, and I'm enjoying my happily ever after with my hubby! When I got married, I was slim and trim...But not for long. After getting married, I started to gain a LOT of weight! In 1yr, I gained 50lbs! Finally, I went to the Doctor, where I discovered I have low thyroid. After being put on medicine, my weight gain slowed down, although over the next 3yrs, I gained an additional 26lbs. When I was 20yrs old, I got yet another diagnoses of Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. That's 4 diagnoses in a 5yr period, if you lost count. They all effect my weight, in one way or another. Add on top of that, my love affair with food, and every 1 of those 76lbs gained was accounted for. Being 76lbs over weight is unhealthy for anyone, but it was especially unhealthy for me, and my health issues. Since starting this blog, in Jan-2010, I have lost 40lbs! I'm a new, slimmer, and healthier me! Before losing weight, I was told I needed knee replacements. Losing weight was the ONLY tool I had to help me hold off on that life changing surgery. Since losing 40lbs, my knees have never felt better! My husband and I are also trying to start a family, but my PCOS was not going to make it as easy as 1,2,3, as I didn't have periods on my own. My doctor had told me if I wanted a baby, I HAD to lose weight. Since losing 40lbs, I've had regular cycles for the first time in my life! Which is very important when trying to have a baby ;) This journey of mine is more than me simply wanting to wear skinny jeans. It has been a quest to becoming :Deliciously Healthy, so ALL of my dreams can come true! I'm almost half way there! With each new day, I get closer and closer to my goal of 120lbs, and becoming :Deliciously Healthy!

Friday, September 2, 2011

Life is back to normal :)

I never knew how much I appreciated "normal".

We had Casey's funeral on August 5th, in California.
(Me with all my siblings and my Dad)It was therapeutic to see family, and to have closure to this tragedy.

On the way up from California, we spent a couple days at the Belagio in Las Vegas, to celebrate our anniversary (a little early).When we got back home, we visited with my Brother-in-Law, who was in town...
Then we celebrated our actual anniversary...And then we spent the week with my nephew, Caleb, who came up to visit after his father's funeral.
Busy. Busy. Busy.

This past week I've finally felt like life has slowly returned to normal.
I've cooked, and cleaned, and simply laid in bed and watched TV. Because I could.

During the past (crazy) month, I took a vaca from my diet. It was kinda annoying to me that amidst all the craziness of finding my brother, and making funeral arrangements, I was still obsessed with calories, and losing weight. I mean, seriously? I had just lost my brother, and the majority of my thoughts were still on, "I wonder how many calories are really in that donut?" I just wanted to take a break from it all. There is more to life then just calories and pant sizes.

And when I say vaca, I mean like no healthy thoughts entered my mind. I wasn't even trying to have the "balance" that I believe so strongly in.

Since Monday, I have been slowly trying to work in things like fruits and veggies...and things of the non-fried variety. Oh and water. Hello water! My body seriously did miss you. I still need to get my chunky butt back to the gym, and I am still horrified to step on the scale. I'm guessing I gained a good 10 pounds during my month long vaca.

It is good to be back to my :Deliciously Healthy life, and to bloggin' all about it.

THANK YOU for all of your support!
I heart you more then chocolate.

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Missed ya! Hope things get a little easier for you in the coming months.

Unknown said...

I missed your post before and I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Looks like it was a beautiful ceremony though. I think it's good you took sometime to just focus on your family and not necessary calories! Good luck to being back to deliciously healthy!!

Melissa said...

I have so missed your posts! I am so sorry about your brother...glad life is getting back to normal... or at least somewhat normal!

Hugs!

Jessica said...

I have thought about you so often. Be kind to yourself as you move back into every day normal life.

Bella said...

I'm so glad to hear that your life is returning to some semblance of normalcy. I know how difficult it can be to get back to living after suffering such an unexpected and tragic loss. It's great to have you back!!!

Melinda R. (www.lifehealthelements.com) said...

I'm sorry to hear about the tragedy you and your family had to go through. It's hard to find balance in all the craziness and find "normal" - TIME.

I'm really glad you're back and you're posting again - I enjoy reading and responding to them.

Blogger said...

Easily Boost Your ClickBank Commissions And Traffic

Bannerizer made it easy for you to promote ClickBank products with banners, simply go to Bannerizer, and grab the banner codes for your chosen ClickBank products or use the Universal ClickBank Banner Rotator Tool to promote all of the ClickBank products.