About Moi

About Moi
My Name is Brittany, and I'm 23yrs old. I was diagnosed with Lupus when I was 15, and then diagnosed with RA, when I was 18. I also got married when I was 18, and I'm enjoying my happily ever after with my hubby! When I got married, I was slim and trim...But not for long. After getting married, I started to gain a LOT of weight! In 1yr, I gained 50lbs! Finally, I went to the Doctor, where I discovered I have low thyroid. After being put on medicine, my weight gain slowed down, although over the next 3yrs, I gained an additional 26lbs. When I was 20yrs old, I got yet another diagnoses of Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. That's 4 diagnoses in a 5yr period, if you lost count. They all effect my weight, in one way or another. Add on top of that, my love affair with food, and every 1 of those 76lbs gained was accounted for. Being 76lbs over weight is unhealthy for anyone, but it was especially unhealthy for me, and my health issues. Since starting this blog, in Jan-2010, I have lost 40lbs! I'm a new, slimmer, and healthier me! Before losing weight, I was told I needed knee replacements. Losing weight was the ONLY tool I had to help me hold off on that life changing surgery. Since losing 40lbs, my knees have never felt better! My husband and I are also trying to start a family, but my PCOS was not going to make it as easy as 1,2,3, as I didn't have periods on my own. My doctor had told me if I wanted a baby, I HAD to lose weight. Since losing 40lbs, I've had regular cycles for the first time in my life! Which is very important when trying to have a baby ;) This journey of mine is more than me simply wanting to wear skinny jeans. It has been a quest to becoming :Deliciously Healthy, so ALL of my dreams can come true! I'm almost half way there! With each new day, I get closer and closer to my goal of 120lbs, and becoming :Deliciously Healthy!

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

6 Months to Christmas- My Christmas present to myself

Hi Lovelies!

Where the heck have I been?!
Oh yes, I remember, getting fat. Story of my life.

But it's time to rewrite my story. Because life is too short to be unhappy with the story you're living. 

Did you know that June 25th is the half way point to Christmas? 
I started thinking about how nice it would be to be back in shape, and on my game by Christmas morning. How awesome of a present would that be?

So I am starting. Today. Right now.

Current weight: 204
Christmas morning goal weight: 160

 That's 2 pounds a week for 6 months.

Thank you for all of your support and emails over the past few months!
I hope you'll continue to follow me on my new journey.
MUAH! :D

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Brittany, I'm routing for you. How about if I do this with you? I've already been on my weight loss journey for a month now, but I would love to see how much weight I could lose by Christmas. I could treat myself to a couple of new outfits.

Sean, Jen, Carson and Addie said...

Glad you're back! I'm looking forward to seeing you meet your goals!! Love ya!

:Deliciously Healthy said...

Thank you Rachael! Sounds like a plan! It'll be fun to do this with someone :)

:Deliciously Healthy said...

Thanks Jen! :D

Jess said...

I've been MIA too! Glad to catch up!