About Moi

About Moi
My Name is Brittany, and I'm 23yrs old. I was diagnosed with Lupus when I was 15, and then diagnosed with RA, when I was 18. I also got married when I was 18, and I'm enjoying my happily ever after with my hubby! When I got married, I was slim and trim...But not for long. After getting married, I started to gain a LOT of weight! In 1yr, I gained 50lbs! Finally, I went to the Doctor, where I discovered I have low thyroid. After being put on medicine, my weight gain slowed down, although over the next 3yrs, I gained an additional 26lbs. When I was 20yrs old, I got yet another diagnoses of Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. That's 4 diagnoses in a 5yr period, if you lost count. They all effect my weight, in one way or another. Add on top of that, my love affair with food, and every 1 of those 76lbs gained was accounted for. Being 76lbs over weight is unhealthy for anyone, but it was especially unhealthy for me, and my health issues. Since starting this blog, in Jan-2010, I have lost 40lbs! I'm a new, slimmer, and healthier me! Before losing weight, I was told I needed knee replacements. Losing weight was the ONLY tool I had to help me hold off on that life changing surgery. Since losing 40lbs, my knees have never felt better! My husband and I are also trying to start a family, but my PCOS was not going to make it as easy as 1,2,3, as I didn't have periods on my own. My doctor had told me if I wanted a baby, I HAD to lose weight. Since losing 40lbs, I've had regular cycles for the first time in my life! Which is very important when trying to have a baby ;) This journey of mine is more than me simply wanting to wear skinny jeans. It has been a quest to becoming :Deliciously Healthy, so ALL of my dreams can come true! I'm almost half way there! With each new day, I get closer and closer to my goal of 120lbs, and becoming :Deliciously Healthy!

Monday, July 1, 2013

Weigh In Day, and Last Weeks Rundown

Last weeks weight: 204
This weeks weight: 202.5
Down 1.5 pounds
Goal: 2 pounds a week.

I am a wee bit frustrated, but I am getting past it. Frustration, regret, anger, impatience... are all enemies on a weightloss journey. They only slow you down, and deter you from your goals. 

Last year around this time, I was 195. If I had lost 1 POUND A MONTH for the past year, I'd be 183. Obviously I'd rather be in the 180's right now, then in the 200's. But I'm not, because I got impatient and frustrated. This time around, I am trying to remember that no matter how slowly you lose the weight, those single pounds coming off at a time do add up, and you will get to your goal. But only if you cast aside those negative feelings, and continue your new lifestyle with a positive attitude. Because the alternative is going absolutley nowhere, or possibly even further in the wrong direction. As I did.

This past week I've been doing something I've never done before. I've been juicing for my breakfasts, and sometimes lunches too. I haven't been too strict with it... I didn't want to feel like I was on one of those crazy diets that never work. There were a couple mornings where I didn't feel like juicing, or didn't have the time, so I would have a healthy breakfast instead, and have a juice for lunch. And there were times I wanted a salad or turkey wrap instead of a juice for lunch, and so I would skip juicing for that meal. I always had at least one juice a day as a meal replacement.
Green apple, grapes, bell pepper, carrots, cucumber, tomato.
I've actually really enjoyed replacing one to two meals a day with juicing. What led me to juicing, was I felt like even when I was trying to eat healthy, I was eating way too much bread, pasta, and dairy in my diet, and not enough fruits and veggies. I thought juicing would solve both of those problems, which it has. I just wish the results were as good as I had hoped. I am going to keep replacing one to two meals a day with juicing for the next week, and see where it takes me. 

For snacks I've been eating veggies and hummus- a new favorite! Yogurt with or without grape nuts, or cheese with almonds or walnuts.
For dinner I've made turkey taco lettuce wraps, turkey sloppy joe's, spaghetti with turkey sausage, and chilli.

This past week went really well. I only had a couple days where I felt like I didn't eat the best of things, but even so, I kept within my calories on those days. I never had a bad day where I went off the deep end. A small miracle.

I am happy with my choices over the past week, and I feel really proud of all the temptations I overcame. That is the only thing I am focusing on. That, and doing even better this week.

4 comments:

safire said...

Congratulations on your loss! I totally get your frustration since I struggled with regaining or going backwards so many times throughout my life. I think what matters is that we're not giving up!

Good luck :D

Jess said...

Keep up the good work...it will happen

Unknown said...

I'm still with you on the Christmas challenge, but I had a small setback... it was called the 4th of July. It's okay, I got back on track the very next day, but I've been a little worried about stepping on the scale. By the way, what day do you do your weigh in? Maybe I'll post my results the same day as you. Also, I had to laugh. I eat roasted garlic hummus and tomato basil hummus almost every day, except I have it on bread with lettuce and tomatoes. I love it, it's delicious.

:Deliciously Healthy said...

Haha, I know! we went out of town, and it definitely didn't make things easy.

I post every Monday :). Keep up the great work! :D