About Moi

About Moi
My Name is Brittany, and I'm 23yrs old. I was diagnosed with Lupus when I was 15, and then diagnosed with RA, when I was 18. I also got married when I was 18, and I'm enjoying my happily ever after with my hubby! When I got married, I was slim and trim...But not for long. After getting married, I started to gain a LOT of weight! In 1yr, I gained 50lbs! Finally, I went to the Doctor, where I discovered I have low thyroid. After being put on medicine, my weight gain slowed down, although over the next 3yrs, I gained an additional 26lbs. When I was 20yrs old, I got yet another diagnoses of Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. That's 4 diagnoses in a 5yr period, if you lost count. They all effect my weight, in one way or another. Add on top of that, my love affair with food, and every 1 of those 76lbs gained was accounted for. Being 76lbs over weight is unhealthy for anyone, but it was especially unhealthy for me, and my health issues. Since starting this blog, in Jan-2010, I have lost 40lbs! I'm a new, slimmer, and healthier me! Before losing weight, I was told I needed knee replacements. Losing weight was the ONLY tool I had to help me hold off on that life changing surgery. Since losing 40lbs, my knees have never felt better! My husband and I are also trying to start a family, but my PCOS was not going to make it as easy as 1,2,3, as I didn't have periods on my own. My doctor had told me if I wanted a baby, I HAD to lose weight. Since losing 40lbs, I've had regular cycles for the first time in my life! Which is very important when trying to have a baby ;) This journey of mine is more than me simply wanting to wear skinny jeans. It has been a quest to becoming :Deliciously Healthy, so ALL of my dreams can come true! I'm almost half way there! With each new day, I get closer and closer to my goal of 120lbs, and becoming :Deliciously Healthy!

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My New :Deliciously Healthy Kitchen

We started building our home in October 2011, and on May 29th, 2012 it was done!

During the 7 months it took to build, we dreamed of what we wanted our lives to be like when we moved in. Every time we would come visit the house, we would set a new goal for ourselves.
Breaking ground!
All framed out
Dry wall up (construction workers are messy;)
All done- day before we closed
 One of the biggest goals I set for myself, was to have a :Deliciously Healthy kitchen. During the 7 years that we've been married, we've eaten way too many restaurant dinners, over home cooked healthy dinners. I promised myself that when we moved into the new house, I would get back to cooking/baking up a healthy storm again. My goal was to only eat out once a week. We've lived here for about three months, and I'd say I can definitely do better on that goal! I've realized that I need to start focusing on the dreams I've set for myself, and put the effort into making them come true. I'm all about keeping promises.

Kitchen after being all moved in:
Butler's pantry
This week, I've kept that promise to myself. I've cooked more, and have eaten out less.
That puts a smile on my face.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Omg!!! That is pretty much my dream kitchen!!
I am so super jealous wow your house is beautiful.
Great to see that you are cooking more, I often struggle with that too especially because my fiance is the fussiest eater ever!
BUT WOW I AM IN LOVE WITH YOUR KITCHEN!!!!!!!!!!
xxxx

:Deliciously Healthy said...

Thanks :D

Renee Paj said...

Gorgeous! I envy you! Enjoy the new space!

Melissa said...

GIRL! That is my DREAM kitchen! BEAUTIFUL!!!!

The Skinny on Staci said...

Okay, I know there's gotta be room in that house for ME to move in, too, right? LOL Love it! We also have a goal of eating out only 1 fast food or "easy" meal a week and 1 "real" sit-down meal a week. It never seems to happen. Life always gets in the way! :) But we still try, and some weeks are way better than others. Keep at it!

Kelly said...

The kitchen, the floors - everything looks beautiful! Can I come & move in? :-)

Sara said...

Oh wow that kitchen is AMAZING! So exciting for you to have a place like that to get super healthy in! Congrats!

erica said...

OMG! Your kitchen is amazing! It looks like it is straight out of a magazine. Stunning! xo

Meg said...

Love your kitchen, love your blog! I started back on my weight loss goals again about two weeks ago. Looking forward to reading your posts for motivation! :)

:Deliciously Healthy said...

That's awesome Megan! Good luck with everything!

Bonnie said...

Your story is inspirational. I was diagnosed with liver disease (cirrhosis) when I was 19 years old. I'm 23 now. It has not affected my weight, but it does force me to be on a very strict diet. Low-fat food, no fried stuff, no fish, etc. Keep up the good work. You really look beautiful.


http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Anonymous said...

That kitchen is to die for! First time visitor on your blog and I am inspired by by your story, all the best with your goals. Prayers for you. :)

Kim said...

Congrats on everything!!! So glad that you are back! I have kept your blog in my "favorites" and always check (not frequently...just once a month or something!). So imagine my surprise when I saw three posts today!!! It was like I had hit the jackpot!!!

Congrats on everything...the house (amazing kitchen, but I am sure you KNEW that already!!!), the return to a healthy lifestyle, the weight loss...just sounds like everything is moving in the right direction!!!

Can't wait to see more posts...and pictures...:)

HealthScan said...

Pretty beautiful kitchen and comfortable.
I also dream about big house with huge kitchen, where I can cooking. My congratulations!